January 1, 2014

Stash Challenge #11

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!
It's time to reveal our January Stash Challenge and introduce you to our January Guest Designer.
But first, we would like to say THANK YOU to the
for sponsoring Scrap Our Stash this month.  
They are generously offering a $20.00 gift certificate to one lucky randomly drawn participant!
Scrap Room
"The Scraproom is the only online “Coffee House” that specializes in monthly
 Scrapbooking Layout Kits!
Treat yourself to a steaming hot helping of fresh scrapbooking supplies, delivered straight to your door every month!"

Please take a moment to go by and visit The ScrapRoom 

Now onto the challenge...
Your challenge this month will be to
Here's how this challenge works:
Create a layout and you must add….
(5) of one item 
(4) of another item
(3) of one more item
(2) of yet another item
AND.....
(1) RUB ON!!!

All items used for the countdown must be PREMADE/PACKAGED scrap products.
(Example: (5) Flowers, (4) Patterned papers, (3) Wood Veneer, (2) Chipboard pcs (1) Rub On

You are allowed to add whatever else you want to your layout as long as you meet the requirements to set forth in the countdown.  In your blog or gallery post, you must list the items you chose and how many for each item.

And one more important thing...click HERE for the SOS Challenge Guidelines!!!

Not that we have shared with you the challenge and our January Sponsor,
we are excited to introduce you to our 
January Guest Designer
Doreen Vasquez

Hi, my name is Doreen!
Happy New Year to you!
I’m very excited to be a Guest Designer here at Scrap Our Stash!

A little bit about me:
I reside in Southern CA and have lived here pratically all my life.
My husband and I bought a house just down the street from our high school!
Speaking of my husband, I have been married to the most handsome, caring, fabulous man (EVER), and the love of my life, David, since July 16, 2001.
I am the mother of 2 beautiful human babies: Joseph (18) and Madison (11) and 3 super adorable fur babies: Spotty (dog), Ivanna (dog) and Panini (cat). Actually, I am Panini’s “Grammy”as Panini belongs to my daughter…and believe me, she will not let me forget it! LOL!

I started dabbling in scrapbooking 14 years ago, however, it turned into a serious hobby for me in 2005 when I discovered a scrapbook website that opened my eyes to new, fun techniques and allowed me to interact with other scrappers. Before then I knew nobody who scrapbooked! Can you imagine?!
About 4 years ago the hobby turned into an obsession when I discovered blogs, contests, and scrapbooking kit clubs!
I don't scrap chronologically, as I would rather scrap whatever subject I am "feeling" at the moment.
Luckily I have a variety of subjects to scrap!

I would categorize my style as clean and simple w/ a few twists thrown in!
For the most part I like to stick to my general style, but I do get bored w/ it at times and that’s when I try to add new techniques or products.
My latest obsessions are: washi tape, misting, and my hexagon punch, size=XL thank you very much! Hahaha!
My signature? I like outlining, or doodling as some call it, each layer of items on my layouts to help them stand out. I don’t consider a page complete if there isn’t at least some kind of outlining on it!
I have even tried to let a page go w/out it and it caused me great anxiety! No joke!!

I will never be caught up since as much as I like to scrap I also love to take pictures!
For every new layout I create there's probably a dozen new pictures I have just taken!
But for me it’s not about being caught up, it’s about capturing as many memories for my family as I can and enjoying the process while doing it!
Thanks for having me!

If you get a chance, please come visit me over at my blog:
A Day In Doreena's Life.

And here is Doreen's fabulous take on our
January "Countdown" Stash Challenge
"Never 2 Old"
This is what Doreen shared about her layout:
"This challenge was very...well...challenging! LOL!
It took me a long while to figure out how to make my layout fit the theme but eventually this is what I came up with:
(5) banners
(4) strips of washi tape
(3) flowers
(2) journaling spots (1 written on, one not)
(1) rub-on
The rub on was the hardest part as I am not a fan of rub-ons and didn't think I had any! But I dug and dug through my stash and found some old "Baby Boy" themed rub-ons and used one of those: the little blue circle w/ the purple star in the center that is on the larger journaling spot.
Unfortunately it doesn't show up in the photo too well, but it's there! And although it's just a little one, I like the way the little bit of blue helps to tie in the orange journaling spot into the blue BG!"

Now it's your turn to get your "Countdown" on!   
We are looking forward to seeing how this challenge inspires you!   

Thanks for stopping by and make sure you return tomorrow for more Design Team Inspiration!

14 comments:

  1. Wow - that was one challenging challenge! Great job on the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for having me! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up w/!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ROCKED this Doreen super excited for you!
    e.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just linked my LO up..thanks for a fun, creative challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THAT'S TRUE, YOU ARE NEVER TOO OLD! Love the layout and am glad I am not the only one who thinks rub ons are a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful layout and awesome take on the challenge! Thank you so much for guest designing for SOS this month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun challenge, I'm all linked up :) I love Doreen's take on it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just finished my LO! Thanks for a great Challenge,

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this challenge! My LO is linked now :-) Love from Sweden this lovely winter day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just entered in my LO , loved this challenge..5 epoxy spots , 4 spotty banners, 3 birthday stamp hats ,2 photos & one journal block... was great to use up lots of stuff ! all linked up & the mojo is burning to go again !

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was awesome! Thank you for helping me use up the huge stash… love these challenges. Can we have them weekly?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love using my stash! This was not as difficult as I first thought it would be! Great challenge! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The sketch challenge was also easy to work with! Thank you for helping me get back on track with my goal of averaging a page a day!

    ReplyDelete