November 22, 2014

"Gift of Love" by DT Nicole

Happy Saturday!!!

Today we have this lovely layout by DT Nicole to inspire us:

Here's what Nicole shares about her layout:

"Gift of Love" - What a beautiful sketch Rochelle Spears has designed for the sketch challenge this month! I love those strips of papers layered underneath the photo and the circle outline. I used a photo of me with 3 of my favorite people, my boyfriend Yves and our two nieces, Ella and Daphne. I am so thankful for all the joy, laughter and love that they bring to my life. As far as the stash challenged is concerned, I used the 5 products that I most often used in all my creating. 1. Stencils - I love to dabble in mixed media techniques and stencils are a must-have for any mixed media artist. I most often use mine with molding paste to add elegant and textured designs on my backgrounds. 2. Mists & Paints - After doing the stenciling, I add colour to my background using mists. Mists are also perfect to turn any embellishment into the perfect colour for your page. And anyone familiar with my work knows how much I love to dab white paint over my layouts to finish it off with a soft whitewash look. 3. Chipboard - I've been so blessed to be on the amazing 2Crafty Chipboard DT for more than a year now and I get loads of beautiful laser-cut chipboard to create with. 4. Flowers - My favorite style of scrapbooking is shabby chic so obviously, I love to use flowers, loads of them, of most of my creations. 5. Tags - Ever since I discovered tags, I can barely do one page without slipping one in some way, shape or form. Now, who and what are YOU thankful for? 


For more information on this challenge and the Nov. Stash Challenge, please click HERE

Have a great Saturday and see you tomorrow! :)


2 comments:

  1. Gosh this is a gorgeous page - that big circle really caught my eye! Looks fab):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely page...do you remember what company makes the wood paper?

    ReplyDelete